Monday, December 15, 2008

The Dance Concert


So you know how us theater junkies have dreams that it is opening night and we don't know our lines or we have to sub for someone and don't know their lines (or the like)? Well I had a similar one about this dance concert. Well apparently NO ONE knew any of the dances and we all agreed to make them up. I thought the easiest way to get away with that was to have a bunch of solos. But of course I had to work with a bunch of amateurs and no one understood. I decided that one of my solos was going to be on point. On top of that I was going to do a bunch of really slow fwetes (spelling?) in a row. Let's just say I didn't know I was so talented. Then i really had to go pee; so I went. But after I went I still felt like I ad to go. I was told that that could be really dangerous. I began to worry that maybe I had a bladder infection or something worse. But I knew the concert needed to happen. So me and a few girls from my collegiate team, Janiece and Caroline, tried to do a dance and watch each other to stay in sync. Needless to say it was disastrous. We got off stage and were changing clothes. They came up to me and were complaining that they couldn't follow m movements. I got really mad at them and slapped Janiece right in the face. But of course in dreams you can't do anything hard. SO I got even more mad that it was a weak slap so I pulled her toward me by her shirt and spat in her face. In response, she leans in and wipes off a something on my nose saying, "Uh you have something on your nose." Immediately clam I replied, "you have something on your face" and wiped my loogie off her face and wiped in on her shirt. When she told me that was gross, I said, "Well it's better than your face!" Now those girls know I love them and in real life that would not happen. (Caroline is on the far right and Janiece just left of her. I am on the far left of course.) But I feel like we can learn that service and love can combat hate better than anything else. This is what it means by "love your enemies". How cool was that dream? 

No comments: