Monday, February 9, 2009

Scary...

I had this dream a few nights ago while we were still in Roatan. It is one of many that night, but it was definitely the most lasting.

I was living and working in some sort of Institution for mental patients or something. I was standing in a small room, wearing a white cotton dress, holding a bunch of keys. I walk to a door, and just as I reach it, it opens, and a frenzied looking man comes in and looks at me. He asks for the keys, but they're not in my hand anymore, and as he stands there looking at me, the Joker comes into the room. His face is white, but his scars are barely visible on his cheeks. His greenish hair hangs down to his shoulders, and he's wearing a kind of army green jumpsuit covered with patches. I was so frightened I backed into a corner and slid down the wall and sat there holding my knees to my chest. Then the Joker started talking, and bringing people into the room one by one, and he would kill them, and I would have to write on a white board how they died. Once there was an old man with glasses in a wheelchair, and while he was talking he suddenly started coughing and sputtering until he choked and died. Spittle was running down his mouth, and the Joker laughed and told me to write that down. I wrote, "choked as a good idea."

Then the Joker turned on the warden, and forced him down onto his knees. He held his neck and pushed his face down toward the floor and held a knife against his neck. He started chanting "I was an honest man" and other strange and horrible rhyming lines louder and louder in the warden's ear while I sat by. Then he had me put my hand to the warden's neck, and it was wet and sticky, and it came away red.

When the warden was dead, the Joker looked up at me and laughed, and I knew that he was going to cut my face to look like his, and just as he came towards me, I woke up.

1 comment:

Liz said...

No no no no no!!!! Ick! Beckah! That's the scariest thing ever! =( I had nightmares about the Joker the night after I first saw the movie, but this here dream you described is pretty terrifying. I'm glad you weren't dream-killed. I'm sorry you had such a frightening dream.