Monday, September 1, 2008

Intimidation

I dreamt last night that Davey and I were still dating. Davey, Tim, and I think Shanelle and I were staying at my house here in Oregon and of course we ALL slept in my bed. In the morning I gave Davey and hug, got out of bed and wrapped up in a jacket. Davey was becoming disenchanted with our relationship and Tim was helping him to recognize his feelings. I made eye contact with Shanelle and I knew that I could count on her to stick with me and hang out with me. So I ran down the stairs to the kitchen, which was larger than usual. And I saw that my Mom had made this ginormous blackberry crumble with a butter cookie on the bottom. I mean this was probably 6 ft in diameter and 1/2 foot tall. It was already mostly eaten and I nibbled on the cookie. Right before I awoke I remember wondering if Davey was intimidated. Now, I have to admit, that I am almost embarrassed by how nice my home is. I live in a rather large home and we keep it up pretty well. My sister had her "good friend" visit and he was intimidated by the family and all the above. I realized how intimidated I was when I went with Jeff Pringle to Texas and met his family. I enjoy finding a moral to all my dreams and I think this one helped me to realize that I should not be annoyed when things that aren't right don't work out. For instance - and I am going out on a limb talking about things I usually wouldn't -Davey intimidates me. And I feel really awkward around him because I worry what he thinks of me. I think my dream meant that in fact I have equal power in our relationship (that is still struggling even with friendship) and that I shouldn't grudge the fact that he moved on.

1 comment:

Annie McNeil said...

Yay, more Bed of Love!

Good for you, Jenny! You're totally awesome and have no reason to feel awkward or intimidated by Davey. :)

Also that picture made me stupid with hunger.