Saturday, August 23, 2008

Land of Senses



So I had this dream a long time ago, but I wanted to share it because it was so cool.

I was in a place where you would go to different rooms, and each room was a land that was specific to a certain sense. One for sound, one for smell, one for sight, etc. I was in the land of sight, sitting on the floor and the walls were all white, and there were rice paper windows on the wall opposite me. In the middle of the room there was a women dressed all in white, layers and folds of fabric draped around her in a robe. She was sitting slumped over to the side of a rounded wooden chair and there was a sheer white veil hanging from the ceiling around her. She stood and stepped through the veil and came towards me. Her face was painted white like in Japanese theater. She came to me and said something, and then something angrily, and when she emphasized words she would hold her arms out and her clothing and face would suddenly have more colour, brown and cream and grey. And I just knelt there and then she stopped and leaned down and held my face in her hands and kissed me softly on the mouth.

Then we walked through a hole in the wall, from a white maze-like room into the land of sound, which was like a dark sea port or something, stormy and windy. We walked through a path of wet sand, making gritty, squelchy kind of noises. There was some sort of white noise going on the whole time as we lined up and walked up a creaky ramp to an old wooden tower. We had to ring a bell, and the crows would answer with their croaking caws. Then I woke up.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That sounds so surreal, and "terrifyingly beautiful." Like something you would see if you took both acid and ecstasy at the same time. (I don't mean that sarcastically or insultingly...I mean like it sounds like a trip, but a really good and beautiful trip.)