Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sleepy, dreamy words

DSC01161 (Large)

I have this great habit of writing things down in my sleep/half-sleep. Often I'll be dreaming something, or thinking in that barely awake state, and something will sound really poetic to me, so I'll write it down. Of course, when I find it later, its absolutely ridiculous. I've also had some pretty quotable dreams. Mallori has the same things going on, except she often TEXTS in her sleep, which is REALLY neat. Just for fun, I thought I'd record some of those gems here...

DREAM QUOTES:

"Good thing my bangs have gone to gravy. Where ARE the Turks?" --Beckah, in my dream

"You wouldn't mention it if YOU were ground beef." --a ziploc bag, in my dream

"In violence, hope...in hope, amor." --my last words as I died of a gunshot wound in the arms of Al Pacino, in Mal's dream

Guy: Are those your red pants in the window.
Me: No.
Guy: Aren't you the girl from JC Penny?
Me: No.
Guy: Huh.
--in my dream

THINGS WRITTEN/TEXTED IN SLEEP:

"Hit me like you did with some extra big electrical tub." --Me

"I get to be naked with Christian?" --Mallori, text message

"The air was hot. Ants and bees assaulted the windows. There was a stench on the tongue of every anteater that would make any human close their mouth in fear of death." --Me

"Bridges don't give companions sweaters." --Me

SuperStock_1487R-61645
This one's pretty elaborate...I was falling asleep at a training meeting for work, so to keep myself awake, I thought I'd take notes. Well, I BARELY stayed awake, and didn't learn a thing from the training meeting, and my notes were PSYCHOTIC.

"If ship to adress is pink, you must verify it by spelling it out fools. Stay awake. I am high with sleepy. Now I'm literally crosseyed with sleepyness. Look I can't spell. No acidity. Wee--I feel like I'm in l alaland, which I am But there's not some small drawf with a moustache that's green. Moo can someone fall asleep while sitting and wrighting fool? I just dreamt something in the 2 seconds I closed my eyes that Paul McCartney saw this and laughed and Jesse joined him. MUST STAY AWAKE. This is so not healthy. My body needs sweep I know screen. Who was jush talking and that's not to I was going to say. Sister King passed away recently. That will make President's day an extra special holiday. Stand up again, Real Slim Shady." --Me

ALSO:
These are a series of messages left for me on my facebook wall a few months ago by my friend Nathan...since they are quotable and dream-related, I feel that they belong here as well.

"you know, this morning I planned on waking up at 7:45 and just putting around my apartment until my 9 oclock class rolled around, but my alarm clock doubles as my cell phone and me, being the polite young man that I am, had it set to vibrate as to not disturb my fellow students. Only I woke up at 12:45 after an AMAZING dream about how I was jesus surfing. I know that sounds sacriligious, but its my subconcious not me so whatever. Anyways so here I am after I missed 3 out of 4 classes today and Im not doing so great. Sometimes it seems like my corn dogs are my only friends."

"ok re-reading my prvious comment, there are some things that require attention/ punctuation. Ok so my dream- I was jesus, surfing on water, not using jesus to surf. Second, I deprived you from the moral of the alarm clock story and that is being polite EFFING sucks because you miss classes for it. So next time you see an elderly man or woman in the store, give them the finger cuz, hey, you cant afford not to. And the corn dog bit being my friends...what kind of friend eats their friends? No, not a single one. Corn dogs are not my friends, but a gateway out of bordom induced by crappy television and rexburg idaho. I just realized its 3:01 and NO im not crazy ok. I just have the internal clock of a chineese adolecent, post mountain dew. Signing off: Nathan."

Ah, the complexities of the sleepy human mind!

Honorable mention goes to the complexities of sleeping when your neck is as long as the rest of your body...
sleeping_giraffe

I came across this picture while looking for a few to use in this post, and had to include it somehow. WEIRD.

No comments: