Monday, August 18, 2008

New Olympic Event

So most of this dream is pretty pointless so I'll skip to the important part:
I was in a hotel room watching the Olympics with my friends Dustin and Chris. The even was taking place on a glacier. Trying to show my immense knowledge of geology to the boys I p
ointed out that the contestants were sledding down medial moraines (where 2 glaciers join together and all their rocks pile up in the middle of them). They were suitably impressed, but only until we realized what these sledders were doing that qualified their sport to be Olympic worthy: they were eating while sledding. The first contestant was eating chips and salsa, the second; a huge sausage, and the third; a Lunchable. We were most impressed with the sausage, I sure hope he won.

3 comments:

williez said...

I dunno; depending on the variety of Lunchable, there's a good deal of complexity involved. Intricate stacking, multiple combinations crackers/cheese/"meat" -- that team's got my vote.

Annie McNeil said...

OH NELLI MY VAST GEOLOGY KNOWLEDGE HAS ALL BUT FADED AWAY ALREADY.

Just kidding! Well, I mean, yes, it has, but I don't really care. :)

I do remember moraines, though. And your dream is hilarious.

Nelli said...

good point on the lunchable stacking, that is a true skill